Startup Zone will host Invest Atlantic 2018 in Charlottetown
The Charlottetown-based incubator and coworking space Startup Zone will be the host of this year’s Invest Atlantic, the largest event for startups and investors in Atlantic Canada. The ninth conference will be the first hosted in Prince Edward Island and expects to receive more than
200 attendees ranging from startup companies workshopping their businesses at the PitchCamp series to sessions by seasoned entrepreneurs.
BP Canada picks up drilling off Nova Scotia
After a spill which resulted in thousands of litres of drilling mud entering the ocean last month, BP Canada has been given the O.K. to start drilling off the coast of Nova Scotia again. With new preventative measures in place, the oil giant says the regulator, Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum board, is satisfied with the amendments to allow drilling to continue.
Farmers’ Market opens in St. John’s
The St. John’s Farmers’ Market opened its new digs this past Saturday with plans to expand its hours to two days a week and lots of new vendors. Two thirds of the regular Saturday vendors will also be selling their goods — like tacos from Soul Azteca — from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays. The Saturday market runs 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
P.E.I. Brewing Company pours up bigger pints
The P.E.I. Brewing Company has announced major renovations and expansions to their Charlottetown company. The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency is providing half a million dollars in repayable contributions to the brewery to aid in their expansion, which consists of new square footage for the new production tanks and will result in the creation of three new jobs.
Fredericton bookstore closing after three decades in business
The Owl’s Nest bookstore located on Fredericton’s Queen Street has announced the final chapter of their much-loved business. After 26 years of operation, they announced via Facebook post that their last day of business will be September 30. The Owl’s Nest is one of the largest used bookstores in Atlantic Canada.
- Atlantic Canadian startups attract record investments — and 4 other things to know this week
- Win tickets to sold-out Obama event
- Coffee shop opens inside Volta Labs
- Startup Canada awards honour Atlantic entrepreneurs
- Volta bestows ecosystem awards to Atlantic Canadian startup supporters
- Feds invest $47-million into Port of Halifax
- Atlantic Business Magazine founders inducted into AJAs Hall of Fame
- P.E.I. welcomes five business leaders into hall of fame
- UNB to offer cannabis courses in tourism and business
- St. John’s flocks to The Rec Room entertainment and dining complex