A new fresh-casual restaurant opened on the corner of Burnside Drive and Wright Avenue in Dartmouth on Feb. 1. The concept, developed by Dean Madill, the Food Service Manager of Wilsons Fuels, focuses on healthy food on the run and is aimed at the busy 9-to-5 crowd. Dine-in and made to order grab-and-go options are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner like bacon Benny breakfast ciabattas, house-made chili, or dilled salmon warm bowls.
Fortis sells stakes in BC hydroelectric project
The St. John’s-based Fortis Inc. has announced they are selling their stake in the Waneta Expansion Hydroelectric Project. Fortis owns 51 per cent of the British Columbia project and it will sell its share to the government-owned Columbia Power Crop and the Columbia Basin Trust, who already own the other 49 per cent, for the purchase price of $1 billion. Through its subsidiary ForticBC Inc., the company had been operating the hydroelectric facility since it started production in 2015.
Charlottetown record business gets ACOA loan
RecordFund Inc., a P.E.I. business developing a sales platform for music artists to pre-sell their vinyl records before they are made, has been granted an Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency loan. The $55,000 repayable contribution will aid with the development of the online sales website.
St. John’s market favourite opening restaurant
The most popular stall at the St. John’s Farmers’ Market is getting its own restaurant. Curry Delight has been serving the long lines at the market for four years and will soon open a restaurant serving Pakistani food in Mount Pearl at 125 Park Avenue. The new restaurant will be housed in the former location of Chilly Willy’s pizza shop and opens February 17, but don’t worry, they will still have their eats at the farmers’ market on Saturdays.
Saint John renames economic development organization
Enterprise Saint John has announced their new three-year plan, along with a new name. The organization will now operate as the Economic Development Greater Saint John and announced their strategic goals for the next two years which include boosting employment by 2.5 per cent every year and filling the labour gaps in the region, which include 1500 open positions spanning 17 different companies.
- Atlantic Canadian startups attract record investments — and 4 other things to know this week
- Win tickets to sold-out Obama event
- Coffee shop opens inside Volta Labs
- Startup Canada awards honour Atlantic entrepreneurs
- Volta bestows ecosystem awards to Atlantic Canadian startup supporters
- Feds invest $47-million into Port of Halifax
- Atlantic Business Magazine founders inducted into AJAs Hall of Fame
- P.E.I. welcomes five business leaders into hall of fame
- UNB to offer cannabis courses in tourism and business
- St. John’s flocks to The Rec Room entertainment and dining complex