(St. John’s, NL, June 24, 2014) Newfoundland Screech Rum is delighted to share its most recent successes – in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
Screech won a gold medal in Las Vegas, NV at the annual convention of Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA), a trade association representing 80 percent of the total U.S. wine and spirits market. The Judging Panel and criteria for the Wine & Spirits Tasting Competition is managed by The Tasting Panel magazine, one of the most widely circulated trade publications in the beverage industry.
Screech also won gold in Los Angeles, CA at the 2014 Craft Spirit Awards. This attention has attracted writers in the Beverage Industry to take notice. Screech is running nationally in the June issue of Beverage Media – reaching over 100,000 beverage alcohol licensees.
Screech’s US importer, MS Walker Inc., is delighted with Screech’s tasting success over the last year. “We are honoured to represent Newfoundland Screech Rum,” says Vice President Gary Shaw. “Screech is truly a delicious, unique craft rum, with a long storied history. We are excited to bring a piece of beautiful Newfoundland south of the border.”
Also sharing in the excitement is NLC’s valued Jamaican rum partner – Wray & Nephew Ltd. “We are very proud and happy to be a part of this historic Brand”, says internationally renowned Master Blender, Joy Spence of Wray & Nephew Ltd.
These awards for Screech follow other recent tasting awards at the San Francisco Spirits Competition (Double Gold), and a “92 point rating” by the 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge. “Newfoundlanders and Labradorians should be proud of this great rum”, says Charlene Hounsell, Sales & Marketing Manager for Screech Rum. Charlene attended the Las Vegas convention, and was overwhelmed with the positive feedback on Screech, and our province. “We’ve got a great thing going with this small craft brand from Newfoundland and Labrador. We hope to build on this momentum.”
Screech Rum is sold in every province in Canada, nine US States…and continues to grow in popularity!
Director of Operations
Greg.Kerr [at] rockspirits.ca
Manager, Marketing & Communications
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
Darrell.Smith [at] nlliquor.com
More web exclusives…
- Stanfield’s Ltd. works to repair holes in Canada’s supply chain
- Michael Donovan’s epic odyssey: from accidental filmmaker to Order of Canada
- Three valuable pandemic pivot takeaways
- The Dawn Debate, Episode 1: can we put Covid-19 behind us and accelerate the reopening of the economy?
- Telethon is gone but the kids are still here. How hospitals have changed the way they fund raise
- When the world restarts, what will we have lost? And learned?
- Airport CEOs say it could be five years before travel gets back to 2019 levels
- Alan Doyle says it could be 2021 before touring bands go back on the road
- Holding the line: critical care nurse “staying strong” to protect N.L. families
- Manufacturing supercluster wants to recruit more Atlantic members – and fund more projects