Donut miss this new shop in Saint John
Uptown Saint John will soon be home to a gourmet donut shop. Uptown Donuts will sell a variety of classic donuts in addition to jazzed up jam-filled treats topped with things like cookie dough and bacon at their shop located in the historic Saint John City Market. The shop is set to open later this week.
New call centre announced for St. John’s
Last week’s announcement of a new call centre in St. John’s means 500 more jobs. Together with the federal government, the provincial government will invest more than $1.7 million in S&P Data, a call centre company with locations across North America. The call centre will be in the Village Mall and is anticipated to generate $130 million to the local economy.
Unique Asia Food plans to widen palates of Summerside
Summerside’s newest grocery store will help local patrons eat internationally. Grace Li, the owner, immigrated to P.E.I. last year under the Provincial Nominee program and is excited to provide a grocery selling a selection of ingredients from all over the world. The grocery, which opened August 16, will focus primarily on Filipino and Chinese items, offering a selection of instant noodles, drinks, sauces and other specialty items.
RBC announces new regional operating officer
Alisa Alyward will take over as the regional operating officer at RBC’s Halifax office as Jim White is set to retire at the end of October. Alyward has spent the last two years as the RVP for Metro Halifax, the bank’s largest market in the region, and now as regional operating officer for Atlantic Canada, she will work under new head banker Chris Ronald to oversee daily operations.
Shop talk goes silent at New Brunswick market
Marlin’s Midgic Market in Sackville is closing its doors after seven years of business. The shop — which sold local crafts and gifts as well as Cuddle Down bedding — was a labour of love for Les and Katherine Marlin after they moved to the area from Quebec upon retirement. Their closing sale runs this week until everything is sold.
- Atlantic Canadian startups attract record investments — and 4 other things to know this week
- Win tickets to sold-out Obama event
- Coffee shop opens inside Volta Labs
- Startup Canada awards honour Atlantic entrepreneurs
- Volta bestows ecosystem awards to Atlantic Canadian startup supporters
- Feds invest $47-million into Port of Halifax
- Atlantic Business Magazine founders inducted into AJAs Hall of Fame
- P.E.I. welcomes five business leaders into hall of fame
- UNB to offer cannabis courses in tourism and business
- St. John’s flocks to The Rec Room entertainment and dining complex