Dreams both big and small
For the Top 50 CEOs, their bucket list wants are notably absent of bigger houses, faster cars or other material acquisitions. Instead, they yearn for opportunities to challenge themselves and create a positive legacy for others. What about you – does your bucket list look anything like this?
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, reach my peak physical fitness before the age of 50 and do missionary work in a school or orphanage in a remote destination.
- Establish a foundation that supports less fortunate kids with post-secondary education.
- Prove that my public sector leadership experience would well serve a private sector board — by first getting on a private sector board!
- Personally, my wife and I look forward to a healthy retirement and grandchildren! Professionally, there are two math problems that I have been working on for years and would like to see them resolved.
- To ensure women have a political voice and that 50% of our elected representatives in New Brunswick are female.
- Work with and mentor young entrepreneurs who have great ideas but no experience in the dog eat dog business world … I’d help them secure their first bank loan, raise their first round of equity, negotiate and complete their first acquisition, consummate a game changing joint venture.
When they aren’t working, this is how Top 50 CEOs like to spend their time
Time with family/friends
Independent travel to new destinations
Outdoor adventure (skiing, kite
boarding, surfing, remote camping, etc…)
World-class sporting/cultural events
(16% of Top 50 CEOs have unlimited vacation)
(of vehicles currently owned by Top 50 CEOs)
(vehicles Top 50 CEOs would most like to own)
- Porsche (assorted models)
- Tesla electric car
- Aston Martin
- Classic muscle car